Junior ISAs work in much the same way as a full, adult ISA, bringing with them all of the benefits and tax efficiency.
We offer more than 2,500 funds, many of which benefit from market leading discounts, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), investment trusts and UK-listed shares.
- A Junior ISA is opened and managed by a parent or guardian until the child turns 18, at which point they automatically assume full ownership of the account
- The amount you are able to invest into a Junior ISA for the 2016/17 tax year is £4,080.
- Anybody can contribute into a Junior ISA
- Children born between 1 September 2002 and 3 January 2011 who were eligible for a Child Trust Fund are also now able to transfer to a Junior ISA
- Withdrawals are not allowed before the child turns 18, except in exceptional circumstances
- A child can only have one active Junior ISA provider per ISA type (cash and stocks & shares), rather than being able to use a different provider each year as is the case with adult ISAs
You have access to the same broad range of investment options and can invest from £100 as a lump sum or £50 per month.
You view Junior ISAs alongside your other investments by linking the Junior ISA to your main account.